- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo is now welcoming global travellers to the historic Egyptian city following a grand opening last month.
The landmark property, which reopened under the stewardship of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, offers leisure and business travellers an opulent retreat in the heart of Cairo that is rich in history and intuitive in service.
The iconic hotel on the shores of the Nile offers visitors a stately vantage point to witness the resurgence of one of the world’s most famous historic destinations.
“Cairo is a city that fuses the majesty of the past with the pulse of the present and the promise of the future,” says Herve Humler, President and COO, The Ritz-Carlton.
“Visitors over the centuries have been drawn by its ever-evolving mix of history, trade and culture, which continues to draw adventurists, as well as families and business travelers to this vibrant city. With millennial travelers seeking luxury as part of their travel experience, the Nile Ritz-Carlton Cairo marries this “bucket-list” city with world-class services. This has not only made Cairo more appealing but has also given us the opportunity to raise our first Ritz-Carlton flag in on the banks of the Nile.”
For the modern luxury traveller experiencing the vibe of Cairo for the first time, the property provides the ideal base from which to dive into the energy of the city as well as to withdraw from it to reflect and introspect. Business and leisure travellers can get the best of both worlds in the historic 331-room hotel, with its ultramodern facilities including an Olympic-size pool as well as meeting rooms, ballrooms and business facilities. Gastronomes visiting Egypt will also be spoilt for choice with an array of dining venues, with innovative and cutting edge fare spanning Arabian, Italian and Continental cuisine.
The accommodations include 32 Executive Suites (96 sq m), 12 Junior Suites (72 sq m), 4 Presidential Suites (144 sq m), and two Royal Suites (300 sq m).
The Royal Suites encompass a master bedroom, expansive living area and a large dining room with a kitchenette. All the Executive Suites are connected to the Royal Suites for even more space should guests require it.
The restaurants and bars at the hotel include:
• The Patio: Overlooking the swimming pool, the Patio offers laidback dining, from oriental delicacies to comfort snacks.
• Bar’Oro: A stylish bar reminiscent of an old-school watering hole complete with a pianist tickling the ivories in the corner.
• NOX*: The rooftop lounge offers breath-taking views of Cairo. For those looking for something to eat, Nox offers American sharing dishes – the first restaurant in the city to champion this concept.
• Out of the NOX*: The rooftop terrace is the perfect setting to enjoy an alfresco meal as the city buzzes by.
• Culina: Featuring international cuisines with live cooking stations.
• Sweet Boutique: A treasure trove of treats for those with a sweet tooth.
• Bab Al Sharq: An Arabic restaurant which recreates traditional Arabic cuisines including signature grills and savoury baked dishes. Using a traditional wood-fired oven, the restaurant is set in a lush indoor-outdoor garden.
• The Lobby Lounge: The heart of elegant dining at the hotel, the Lobby Lounge is a meeting place of minds, flavours and refinement.
• Vivo: The Italian restaurant, which brings to life the rustic flavours of the Italian countryside in a romantic environment.
• Ritz Bar: Intimate and elegant, the Ritz Bar redefines the classics and offers specialty cocktails in addition to light snacks – all to the backdrop of live music.
From five-star Nile cruises to explorative culinary tours and private excursions to the Pyramids, Cairo is unveiling the diversity of its luxury offering and allowing Arab and global travelers to discover the city in new and innovative ways.
While first time visitors to the city will be awed by the majesty of the Pyramids of Giza, the city also offers alternative experiences such as viewings of the well-preserved medieval residences formerly owned by wealthy merchants.
Cultural aficionados and art enthusiasts who desire more than visits to the Sphinx and the Pyramids can delight in Cairo’s lush art scene that runs the gamut from Islamic art to impressionist paintings. For the gourmand, the flavours that the city offers showcase the potpourri of cultures that has enriched the city’s personality and made it a unique destination. With cuisines from around the world and experiences catering to the conventional and the quirky, the city is a culinary playground.
“Cairo is a vibrant destination and no matter what your purpose in visiting the city, business or leisure or visiting family, there is always a sense of discovery. The past has left a strong imprint on the personality of the city but its dynamism comes from its ever-evolving cultural and social scenes. For the global tourist, it is this tasteful fusion that appeals and keeps Cairo current,” adds Humler.
The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo property is an historic landmark, having opened its doors back in 1958 as the Nile Hilton. It closed in 2010 and underwent a $127-million renovation before reopening last month as a Ritz-Carlton property, marking a new era for the majestic property.
Accor signs up for new Fairmont in Al KhobarMon, Jun 21, 2021
Raffles the Palm Dubai to set new standards in luxuryWed, May 19, 2021
Hush-hush HideawaysSpring / Summer 2021
A Place to be YouSpring / Summer 2021
Stylish Kempinski Palace Engelberg to open in JuneTue, May 4, 2021
Million-dirham suite + suit packageMon, Mar 29, 2021
Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island resort opensThu, Feb 18, 2021
Accor to open Raffles, Fairmont in QatarWed, Feb 17, 2021
Grand Hyatt Al Khobar Hotel and Residences opensMon, Jan 18, 2021
First Address Beach Resort opens in DubaiMon, Dec 21, 2020
$2.18m New Year deal from ME DubaiMon, Dec 21, 2020
Epic Asia AdventuresAutumn 2020
Sky-High luxury at new Four Seasons in San FranciscoThu, Oct 8, 2020
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam unveils a palaceTue, Sep 15, 2020
Four Seasons London at Park Lane unveils new suiteWed, Aug 19, 2020