- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
Thu, Jul 7, 2022
Top 100 C-suite executives made significant contributions to the region's economies while overall managing revenues of over over $1 trillion in 2021, said Forbes Middle East releasing the Top CEOs in the Middle East list.
Their firms are currently collectively worth more than $5 trillion, it said.
Topping the list is Saudi Aramco's Amin H Nasser, who led the company to become the world's most valuable by market value again, surpassing Apple.
Adnoc's Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber was placed second as the firm took three of its subsidiaries – Adnoc Drilling, Fertiglobe, and Borouge – public, with Borouge's $2 billion IPO becoming Abu Dhabi's largest-ever IPO.
Rounding up the top three is Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum of Emirates Group. All three maintained their rankings for the second consecutive year.
The 2022 cohort represent leaders from 26 nationalities. Emiratis dominated with 19 entries, followed by Egyptians with 16, and Saudis with 15. Combined, these three groups make up 50% of the ranking. With 27 CEOs, banking and financial services is the most represented sector. Eight entrants work in telecom, and seven head energy and logistics companies. Four of the top five leaders work in energy.
To construct this ranking, Forbes Middle East assessed the size of the CEO's company using various metrics, the individual's accomplishments and innovations over the past year, and their impact on their firm and the wider industry.
Top 10 CEOs In The Middle East 2022
1. Amin H. Nasser - Nationality: Saudi, President & CEO, Saudi Aramco
2. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber - Nationality: Emirati, Group CEO & Managing Director, ADNOC Group
3. Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum - Nationality: Emirati, Chairman & CEO, Emirates Group
4. Toufik Hakkar - Nationality: Algerian, Chairman & CEO, SONATRACH
5. Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi - Nationality: Qatari, Deputy Chairman, President & CEO, QatarEnergy
6. Akbar Al Baker - Nationality: Qatari , Group CEO, Qatar Airways Group
7. Yousef Abdullah Al-Benyan, Nationality: Saudi, Vice-Chairman & CEO, SABIC
8. Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Nationality: Emirati, Group Chairman & CEO, DP World
9. Syed Basar Shueb, Nationality: Emirati CEO & Managing Director, IHC
10. Osama Rabie, Nationality: Egyptian Chairman & Managing Director, Suez Canal Authority
Bringing the World TogetherAutumn 2021
‘I’m Happy to See People Growing’Autumn 2021
St Regis unveils new landmark in Downtown DubaiSun, Oct 3, 2021
Impact Investing Set to GrowAutumn 2020
Ultra-wealthy Stay StableAutumn 2020
Investors advised cautious optimismThu, Jul 23, 2020
HNWs in UAE keen on green investmentsThu, Jul 16, 2020
Women's wealth 'a key economic force' in MideastTue, Jun 2, 2020
Engagement with wealthy clients crucial nowThu, Apr 16, 2020
Wealthy Numbers Set to GrowWinter 2020
Luxury Travel Worth $1.5 trillionWinter 2020
‘Values, integrity pillars of my life’Winter 2020
Ultra-rich numbers 'to grow 26pc in GCC'Wed, Mar 4, 2020
Wealthy numbers set to growWed, Feb 12, 2020
World Islamic Banking Conference opens in BahrainWed, Dec 4, 2019