- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
Thu, Jul 7, 2022
Top 100 C-suite executives made significant contributions to the region's economies while overall managing revenues of over over $1 trillion in 2021, said Forbes Middle East releasing the Top CEOs in the Middle East list.
Their firms are currently collectively worth more than $5 trillion, it said.
Topping the list is Saudi Aramco's Amin H Nasser, who led the company to become the world's most valuable by market value again, surpassing Apple.
Adnoc's Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber was placed second as the firm took three of its subsidiaries – Adnoc Drilling, Fertiglobe, and Borouge – public, with Borouge's $2 billion IPO becoming Abu Dhabi's largest-ever IPO.
Rounding up the top three is Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum of Emirates Group. All three maintained their rankings for the second consecutive year.
The 2022 cohort represent leaders from 26 nationalities. Emiratis dominated with 19 entries, followed by Egyptians with 16, and Saudis with 15. Combined, these three groups make up 50% of the ranking. With 27 CEOs, banking and financial services is the most represented sector. Eight entrants work in telecom, and seven head energy and logistics companies. Four of the top five leaders work in energy.
To construct this ranking, Forbes Middle East assessed the size of the CEO's company using various metrics, the individual's accomplishments and innovations over the past year, and their impact on their firm and the wider industry.
Top 10 CEOs In The Middle East 2022
1. Amin H. Nasser - Nationality: Saudi, President & CEO, Saudi Aramco
2. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber - Nationality: Emirati, Group CEO & Managing Director, ADNOC Group
3. Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum - Nationality: Emirati, Chairman & CEO, Emirates Group
4. Toufik Hakkar - Nationality: Algerian, Chairman & CEO, SONATRACH
5. Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi - Nationality: Qatari, Deputy Chairman, President & CEO, QatarEnergy
6. Akbar Al Baker - Nationality: Qatari , Group CEO, Qatar Airways Group
7. Yousef Abdullah Al-Benyan, Nationality: Saudi, Vice-Chairman & CEO, SABIC
8. Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Nationality: Emirati, Group Chairman & CEO, DP World
9. Syed Basar Shueb, Nationality: Emirati CEO & Managing Director, IHC
10. Osama Rabie, Nationality: Egyptian Chairman & Managing Director, Suez Canal Authority
Investors hope to retire earlyTue, Mar 21, 2023
Investment house Ardian opens office in Abu DhabiTue, Jan 31, 2023
Investors changing strategies in face of challengesWed, Dec 7, 2022
New York top city for millionairesTue, Sep 13, 2022
Olayan Group tops Arab family firms listWed, Sep 7, 2022
UAE personal wealth to hit $1 trillion by 2026Thu, Jul 28, 2022
Top 100 CEOs in Mideast manage $1 trillion revenuesThu, Jul 7, 2022
Residency schemes good investment option: agencySun, Jun 26, 2022
HNWIs keen to return to experiential spendingSun, Jun 19, 2022
Aramco enters top 20 most valuable brands listWed, Jun 15, 2022
Global wealth grows 10.6% to $530trnWed, Jun 15, 2022
UAE top draw for millionairesMon, Jun 13, 2022
Julius Baer plans expansion into QatarTue, Jun 7, 2022
Ultra-rich donate $175bn in 2020Thu, Feb 10, 2022
Bringing the World TogetherAutumn 2021