- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
Bonhams’s first ever online-only auction, featuring 119 watches from a single-owner collection of a European nobleman, is now under way.
The sale, which opened May 27, closes on June 9.
Matthew Girling, Bonhams Global CEO, said: “Bonhams has long recognized the importance of the online platform for our clients around the world. The internet continues to grow as a trusted bidding method as we have seen from the many lots sold through online bidding, most notably the 1990-93 Porsche Type 962 C Endurance Racing Competition Coupe sold in 2015 for €1,495,000. We anticipate holding more online only auctions across a range of departments in the future.”
The inaugural sale features important brands such as TAG Heuer, IWC, Breitling, Jaeger-LeCoultre and Longines.
The 2,000-piece collection is to be sold in installments throughout the year and the online-only sale is offering more than 100 lots specially selected from the collection.”
• A TAG Heuer stainless steel automatic calendar wristwatch, estimated at £400-600 ($584-876).
• A Jaeger-LeCoultre lady's 18-karat gold manual wind bracelet watch, estimated at £200-300 ($292-438).
• A silver keyless wind full hunter pocket watch from International Watch Company, estimated at £300-500 ($438-730).
• An 18-karat gold manual wind Zenith wristwatch, estimated at £200-300 ($292-438).
• A Breitling lady's stainless steel and gold quartz calendar bracelet watch Model - Lady J, estimated at £300-500 ($438-730).
There will be a viewing on June 3 from 9 am to 4.30 pm at Bonhams Knightsbridge in London, UK.
‘Greatest’ motorcycle up for grabsTue, Oct 21, 2014
Da Vinci painting brought to life at Abu Dhabi seminarThu, Oct 16, 2014
Doha auction of contemporary art nets $8mTue, Oct 14, 2014
Mansell Ferrari takes pole position at saleTue, Oct 14, 2014
Da Vinci, Van Gogh works to dazzle Abu DhabiMon, Oct 13, 2014
Fine watches to dazzle DubaiSun, Oct 12, 2014
Star collection to go under the hammerSun, Oct 12, 2014