- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
Cadillac’s new Celestiq will be the most technologically advanced Cadillac ever and is designed to be the 'world’s first all-electric ultra-luxury sedan'.
Cadillac says it has drawn from every era and element of its rich heritage to deliver the most advanced and one of the most important vehicles the brand has ever produced.
Celestiq is set to come to the Middle East in 2024.
The Cadillac Celestiq is a hand-crafted, all-electric, ultra-luxury flagship that re-establishes the iconic brand as the ‘Standard of the World’, while serving as the flagship for the brand’s electric future.
“Celestiq is the purest expression of Cadillac, acknowledging our incredible history and driving us to a bolder and brighter future,” said Global Vice President of Cadillac Rory Harvey. “It is a completely bespoke work of automotive art, built around the most advanced and innovative technology that we have ever engineered into an automobile.”
The Celestiq story is built on legacy, with its design, cutting-edge technology, and personalised luxury rooted in Cadillac’s history of building handcrafted, iconic vehicles such as the 1933 V16 Aerodynamic Coupe and the 1957 Eldorado Brougham.
Each Celestiq is personally commissioned—no two will be alike. Clients will work directly with their selected dealer and Cadillac designers to realise their unique vision for the car, with unprecedented levels of personalisation tailored to reflect the owner’s tastes.
Celestiq brings a unique and individualised experience, powered byCadillac’s global leadership in electrification, available hands-free driver assistance technology and connected services. It sets the benchmark for hand-crafted, multisensory and immersive EV luxury experiences.
“Celestiq is like no Cadillac before it and the client experience is equally exceptional,” said Harvey. “Each vehicle is a unique expression of its owner, leveraging leading-edge technologies that make the driving experience personal and rewarding.”
Celestiq and Ultium
Celestiq channels the power of the revolutionary Ultium Platform, which is the foundation its exhilarating performance and range. This dedicated EV propulsion architecture combines a 111-kWh battery pack and a two-motor, all-wheel-drive propulsion system to offer a GM-estimated 600 horsepower and 640 lb-ft of torque — and a GM-estimated driving range of 300 miles (483 km) on a full charge.
A suite of advanced automotive technologies will offer clients the luxurious, isolated ride experience they demand from an ultra-luxury vehicle, while packaging an incredible amount of sophisticated content in a large, spacious vehicle.
DESIGN: ARTISTRY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP
Celestiq is the manifestation of Cadillac’s Art of Travel design philosophy, which informed the styling of the Lyriq, in tandem with the brand’s transformation to be all electric by 2030.
The Art of Travel considers the entire encounter with the vehicle, from its visual presence, to the rich feel of its components, and the choreographed experiences in which curated “sense of occasion” features transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. This tailored approach to every experience an owner has with their car makes common elements feel distinctly personal.
In that regard, CELESTIQ’s exterior and interior were designed together to present a more holistic vision of ultra-luxury, electrified mobility.
The silhouette of Celestiq is a bold, fastback profile, challenging the ultra-luxury space with the spirit of futurism and the avant-garde. The boldness of the grille and the vertical lighting signatures flow seamlessly into the sloping windshield, creating a harmony of surfaces.
Every metal surface seen on the exterior of the vehicle is real metal — including an aluminum grille, brushed aluminum bodyside, aluminum eTrunk lining, rocker, taillamp and headlamp trim and brushed metal liftgate body openings.
The vehicle features several innovative technologies including:
* Fixed Smart Glass Roof: In an industry-first feature, Suspended Particle Device Technology, multi-colour ambient lighting, and lighting choreography create a unique interplay between the exterior and the amount of light allowed into the cabin through the four-zone fixed smart glass roof.
* Automated Illuminated Charging Indicators: The charge port is surrounded by a ring of light that responds when the Celestiq is plugged in for charging. Visual cues indicate the state of charge, including a lit Goddess emblem above the charge port. Additionally, the vehicle’s vertical lighting signatures in the headlamps and taillamps offer charging status indicators, indicating 10% charging increments.
• Materials: Carbon fiber comprises several areas of the exterior, this material choice enables the designers to create distinctive forms not possible with traditional metal body panels. The visible metallic surfaces are authentic metal, including the aluminum grille, header, rocker, taillamp and headlamp trim, brushed aluminum bodyside trim, aluminum eTrunkTM lining, and brushed metal liftgate body openings.
* 3D Printing: The use of 3D printing and additive manufacturing is cutting-edge technology that produces several important design elements, such as the steering wheel décor, which would be impossible to create with typical metal castings and CNC milling.
* Exterior Lighting: Every single point of light in a Celestiq lighting animation is its own light source rather than the banks of lights used in many other vehicles. These individual LEDs — more than 1,600 per vehicle (depending on the sales market) — create a richer, deeper lighting experience. The choreography is accented by the Cadillac-first Digital Micromirror Device headlamps with 1.3 million pixels per side.
Interior Design: A New Standard
The Celestiq interior is where Cadillac’s Art of Travel design philosophy is fully realized, the craftsmanship is evident the moment a client enters in the cabin, the sensory experience is ignited through the use of authentic materials and indulgent details. The client-selected hand-wrapped materials, immersive interior lighting, and embellishments embody Cadillac’s vision for exclusivity and customization.
Porsche Centre Kuwait unveils new CayenneSun, Sep 24, 2023
World premiere of new Porsche Panamera in DubaiThu, Sep 14, 2023
Mercedes-Benz Concept CLA Class - a new visionTue, Sep 5, 2023
Bentley, Little Car to recreate iconic carWed, Aug 23, 2023
New Mercedes-AMG GT Coupé, now top modelMon, Aug 21, 2023
Cadillac reveals all-electric Escalade IQThu, Aug 10, 2023
Porsche marks 911 milestone with new sports carMon, Aug 7, 2023
Maserati names new track-only car MCXtremaThu, Aug 3, 2023
30 global brands to join debut GIMS QatarTue, Jul 25, 2023
Speed Six continuation series debutsSun, Jul 16, 2023
Ferrari unveils latest one-off – KC23Tue, Jul 11, 2023
Bentley Batur now ready for productionWed, Jun 21, 2023
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Bahrain debuts SpectreThu, Jun 8, 2023
Rolls-Royce Private Office Dubai reveals Ghost ExtendedTue, Jun 6, 2023
Infiniti appoints new global headSun, Jun 4, 2023