- Our Knights & Distinguished Personalities
- DIGITAL EDITION
Sun, Sep 18, 2022
The biggest display of classic Porsches anywhere in the region, artwork installations from renowned artists and exciting entertainment acts will be the highlights of Icons of Porsche, which returns this year for a second edition at Dubai Design District.
The festival, on November 26 and 27, will take visitors on a safari-themed journey that will celebrate Porsche’s rallying heritage, while highlighting the many passion-led Porsche communities in the Middle East region.
This year’s event promises to feature an even larger gathering than last year. The 17,000 sq m venue will host an exciting mix of experiences.
Following the attendance of more than 7,000 visitors and 1,000 Porsche cars to the inaugural festival in 2021, Icons of Porsche will once again offer a meeting point for Porsche enthusiasts, families and a wide variety of international and local communities that are driven by shared passion points such as classic cars, art, music, off-roading and exciting experiences.
“Following the overwhelming response to last year’s festival, we are truly excited to announce that Icons of Porsche is back,” said Dr Manfred Bräunl, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE.
“Icons of Porsche is a celebration of Porsche’s amazing heritage. Last year’s event was one of the most impressive car displays this region has ever seen, with over 200 classic Porsche sportscars present.
“The safari theme for this year’s event will deliver a lot of exciting moments and engaging experiences. Attendees can expect to see some famous Porsche vehicles from throughout our rich history, with pedigree and success off-road as well as on the race track.
“We are planning to deliver a calendar event that is not to be missed. It will be the ultimate platform to experience classic car nostalgia in connection with art, culture and the community.”
New model unveil
The family-friendly event will feature multiple celebrations of key milestones. This includes 20 years of Porsche Cayenne, the brand’s first SUV model, 50 Years of Porsche Design and will offer a meeting place for Porsche Clubs from all over the region as they celebrate an incredible ’70 Years of Porsche Clubs’.
Alongside celebrating the past, the latest addition to Porsche’s model range will take centre stage during the festival. Receiving its regional premiere, the new model is well-positioned to become another icon amongst the adventure-driven Porsche communities of the Middle East and beyond. Its unveiling during the festival will highlight how Porsche delivers unexpected, novel and unconventional brand moments.
New highlights that are aimed to attract an even wider audience include the additions of real life and virtual driving experiences. An Esports arena will offer attendees the opportunity to test their racing simulator skills in a Porsche against other competitors, whilst a special offroad course will offer an adventurous passenger ride experience in Porsche Cayenne models.
The festival will be split into five distinctive thematic zones for visitors to explore. This includes:
- Adventure Camp: An exploration of Porsche’s adventurous and rebellious side. Here attendees can expect a mix of offroad, overland and rallying displays, with famous museum race cars, special modified cars and driving experiences.
- Community Village: A marketplace for all attendees who are fascinated by car culture and want to embrace the Porsche lifestyle. This merchandise hub features popular brand partners, a one-stop shop for Porsche items and activations that will give every visitor a piece of the festival to take home.
- Design Factory: A hub dedicated to car making artistry and its influence on lifestyle. Featuring Exclusive Manufaktur and Porsche Design, this zone showcases the brand’s design process, heritage and a variety of iconic sports cars built to perform and turn heads.
- Electric Field: A modern desert metropolis for all to discover the thrilling speed of Porsche cars in-game at the Esports arena and to be entertained with special installations that show how Porsche shaped the world of pop culture in movies, digital art and gaming.
- Art Valley: A galleria of unique artworks from renowned international and local artists who have been inspired by Porsche. Here visitors are guaranteed to be inspired and will have opportunities to get creative themselves.
Museum of the Future hosts iconic AudiThu, Mar 30, 2023
BMW iX5 Hydrogen pilot fleet arrives in Middle EastMon, Mar 13, 2023
Rolls-Royce unveils masterpiece inspired by haute coutureMon, Mar 6, 2023
New BMW XM drives to Middle EastWed, Mar 1, 2023
Seductively ReductiveWinter 2023
Roaring Year for RRWinter 2023
Infinite OpulenceWinter 2023
$9.79m for Bugatti ChironWinter 2023
Intelligent CompanionWinter 2023
Euro Motors launches all-new BMW X1 in BahrainMon, Feb 20, 2023
Bentley breaks ground on new facilitiesMon, Feb 20, 2023
AW Rostamani unveils NXT Luxury showroomMon, Feb 20, 2023
All-new BMW Motorrad S 1000RR launched in BahrainTue, Feb 7, 2023
All-new BMW M3 CS set to enthrall every mileThu, Jan 26, 2023
Bentley Motors appoints new Director of DesignWed, Jan 25, 2023