Damen has launched its latest superyacht support vessel named New Frontiers, which is said to be an evolution in the Dutch shipbuilder’s Yacht Support range.
For the first time, the 55-m vessel debuts dedicated owner and guest accommodation plus a host of yachting enhancements that distinguish the YS 5009 from its predecessors.
The new-build is scheduled for delivery in September and will appear at the Monaco Yacht Show which will run from September 27 to 30 in Port Hercules.
New Frontiers will take her Owner into new territory with a combination of adventure and superyacht support functions, explains Commercial Director Rose Damen.
“New Frontiers is ripping up the rule book. It’s still a Yacht Support vessel, but you can’t put this vessel into one category or another – and that reflects exactly the wishes of our clients. They want their holiday to be about freedom and spontaneity – New Frontiers makes that possible. Whether it’s a weekend dive adventure trip away from their superyacht or enjoying two locations at once linked by helicopter, it’s all about unforgettable experiences and freedom. We’re very excited to introduce New Frontiers in Monaco.”
Damen is now the established leader in the rapidly developing superyacht support vessel niche. In total 11 Yacht Support vessels have been delivered or are in build.
Product Director Mark Vermeulen comments: “A Yacht Support vessel offers superyacht owners more luxury yachting fun than ever, but at a much lower Total Cost of Ownership than acquiring more capability with a larger yacht. Plus, they get all the benefits of flexible operations, straightforward maintenance and privacy. That’s why we call it the Smart Stretch.”
While New Frontiers shares its semi-displacement Damen Sea Axe platform with previous Yacht Support vessels like Fast & Furious, Damen’s design team have raised the bar with a new layout and hundreds of enhanced yachting features.
The vessel’s key features include:
• Owner Suite on Main Deck.
• A total of 3 suites accommodating 6 guests.
• Lounge and dining approx 30 sq m.
• Sun Deck approx 50 sq m.
• Aft Adventure Centre with large stores/dive and sports centre.
• Extra accommodation for 4 staff, pilots, security, guides.
• Helipad and Main Deck area of approx. 190 sq m with standard fittings for modular tender cradles and containers (Total deck area 240 sq m).
• Reduced draught for operations in shallow waters.
• Low noise and vibrations in guest areas.
• Updated installations for smooth marina operations.
• Enhanced yachting AV and navigation systems.
• Performance knuckle-boom deck crane with capacity of 12 tonnes (6 tonnes at 11.50-metre outreach).
• Technically ready for A-frame installation (to launch and retrieve submersibles).
NEW FRONTIERS SPEC CHECK
Length: 55.30 m (181ft)
Beam: 9 m
Draught: 3.20 m
Gross Tonnage: 496
Speed: 20 knots
Range: 5,000 nautical miles
Helicopter: 3,700 kg maximum take-off weight
A Delightful CombinationAutumn 2018
DAR Steals the ShowAutumn 2018
Breathtaking BeautiesAutumn 2018
New underwater lighting for yachtsThu, Oct 18, 2018
Gulf Craft showcases two Majesty SuperyachtsThu, Sep 27, 2018
Three superyachts stand out at MYS awardsThu, Sep 27, 2018
Majesty Yachts to make a splash at top showsThu, Jul 12, 2018
Premium Dutch yard embarks on fresh approach to superyacht lifestyleSun, Jun 10, 2018
CRN Constance wins top awardTue, May 22, 2018
Super ShowSpring/Summer 2018
Mideast key market for Azimut YachtsSun, Mar 4, 2018
Cutting-edge marine lifestyle on show in DubaiWed, Feb 28, 2018
Super SunreefWinter 2018
Ferretti Rules MiamiWinter 2018
An Ovation for LuxuryWinter 2018