Damen has launched its latest superyacht support vessel named New Frontiers, which is said to be an evolution in the Dutch shipbuilder’s Yacht Support range.
For the first time, the 55-m vessel debuts dedicated owner and guest accommodation plus a host of yachting enhancements that distinguish the YS 5009 from its predecessors.
The new-build is scheduled for delivery in September and will appear at the Monaco Yacht Show which will run from September 27 to 30 in Port Hercules.
New Frontiers will take her Owner into new territory with a combination of adventure and superyacht support functions, explains Commercial Director Rose Damen.
“New Frontiers is ripping up the rule book. It’s still a Yacht Support vessel, but you can’t put this vessel into one category or another – and that reflects exactly the wishes of our clients. They want their holiday to be about freedom and spontaneity – New Frontiers makes that possible. Whether it’s a weekend dive adventure trip away from their superyacht or enjoying two locations at once linked by helicopter, it’s all about unforgettable experiences and freedom. We’re very excited to introduce New Frontiers in Monaco.”
Damen is now the established leader in the rapidly developing superyacht support vessel niche. In total 11 Yacht Support vessels have been delivered or are in build.
Product Director Mark Vermeulen comments: “A Yacht Support vessel offers superyacht owners more luxury yachting fun than ever, but at a much lower Total Cost of Ownership than acquiring more capability with a larger yacht. Plus, they get all the benefits of flexible operations, straightforward maintenance and privacy. That’s why we call it the Smart Stretch.”
While New Frontiers shares its semi-displacement Damen Sea Axe platform with previous Yacht Support vessels like Fast & Furious, Damen’s design team have raised the bar with a new layout and hundreds of enhanced yachting features.
The vessel’s key features include:
• Owner Suite on Main Deck.
• A total of 3 suites accommodating 6 guests.
• Lounge and dining approx 30 sq m.
• Sun Deck approx 50 sq m.
• Aft Adventure Centre with large stores/dive and sports centre.
• Extra accommodation for 4 staff, pilots, security, guides.
• Helipad and Main Deck area of approx. 190 sq m with standard fittings for modular tender cradles and containers (Total deck area 240 sq m).
• Reduced draught for operations in shallow waters.
• Low noise and vibrations in guest areas.
• Updated installations for smooth marina operations.
• Enhanced yachting AV and navigation systems.
• Performance knuckle-boom deck crane with capacity of 12 tonnes (6 tonnes at 11.50-metre outreach).
• Technically ready for A-frame installation (to launch and retrieve submersibles).
NEW FRONTIERS SPEC CHECK
Length: 55.30 m (181ft)
Beam: 9 m
Draught: 3.20 m
Gross Tonnage: 496
Speed: 20 knots
Range: 5,000 nautical miles
Helicopter: 3,700 kg maximum take-off weight
Gulf Craft delivers 7th MajestySun, Jun 23, 2019
Knud E Hansen launches adventure cruise vesselWed, Jun 19, 2019
Lürssen brings Madsummer to MYSMon, Jun 17, 2019
Power-packed SunreefSpring/Summer 2019
Explore with EsquelSpring/Summer 2019
Immersive ExperienceSpring/Summer 2019
Dynamiq's new explorer yachtThu, Jun 6, 2019
Fraser sells nine yachts in three weeksMon, May 13, 2019
Suprema 36 to debut at Kuwait showMon, Mar 25, 2019
Spectacular Kuwait Yacht Show setThu, Mar 14, 2019
‘Golden Year’ for AzimutWinter 2019
Going Giga AgainWinter 2019
Making a Superyachts WaveWinter 2019
DIBS Makes a SplashWinter 2019
Oceanco reveals an explorerThu, Feb 28, 2019