Eleven stunning watches emerged as winners the Middle East Watch of the Year Awards hosted in Dubai, UAE.
The event was held for the first time this year in Dubai, on November 27, at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), alongside the inaugural Salon des Grandes Complications exhibition.
It was attended by over 300 of the region’s most prominent watch collectors, brand representatives and retailers, and well-known social figures.
Horological brands were recognised for their contribution to the industry and performance across 11 different categories. • Awarded brands and respective categories were:
• Best Multi-Time Zone Watch – Jaeger-LeCoultre, Duomètre Unique Travel Time.
• Best Tourbillon Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Classical Watch – Bovet Fleurier, Récital 12 “Monsieur Dimier”.
• Best High-End Jewelled Watch – Graff, MasterGraff Tourbillon 45-mm fully set with diamonds.
• Best Technical Innovation Watch – Greubel Forsey, QP à Equation.
• Best Sports Watch – Roger Dubuis, Pulsion Skeleton Flying Tourbillon.
• Best Men’s Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Ladies Watch – Van Cleef & Arpels, Pont des Amoureux Poetic Complication.
• Best Chronograph Watch – De Bethune, DB28 Maxichrono.
• Best Design Watch – Arnold & Son, Time Pyramid.
• Best Independent Watch Brand – MB&F.
Winners were judged by a panel of 12 experts including Frederic Watrelot, head of Christie’s Watch departments in Hong Kong and Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdullah Al Khalifa of Bahrain, UAE businessman Mishal Kanoo and American watch journalist Roberta Naas, amongst several other connoisseurs and collectors.
Results were independently adjudicated by international law firm Morgan Lewis.
“I would like to extend sincere congratulations to all of the winners of “Watch of the Year” awards. The event has established itself as an industry benchmark in the region and we are proud to be holding our tenth edition in Dubai,” said Award organiser Nader Freiha, Director of MPP Middle East and Publisher of Arabian Watches & Jewellery magazine.
An annual event since 2005, “Watch of the Year” aims to establish industry standards and raise awareness of watch culture and horological craftsmanship across the Middle East.
This year’s gala was sponsored by Audi Corporate and supported by Bang & Olufsen.
Sartorial collection now in storesSun, Jul 30, 2017
Swatch Group upbeat as profit risesWed, Jul 26, 2017
Light Blue gets intenseMon, Jul 24, 2017
Romain Jerome gets in Sape for summerSun, Jul 23, 2017
Prickly collection goes on a charm offensiveThu, Jul 20, 2017
Bulgari pays homage to the festa spiritThu, Jul 20, 2017
Perpetual calendar watch suited for daily useWed, Jul 19, 2017
Giant clam shell to sink into record booksWed, Jul 19, 2017
Breitling appoints new CEOTue, Jul 18, 2017
New watch takes on Jurassic themeMon, Jul 17, 2017
Special edition watch launched in DubaiSun, Jul 16, 2017
Damiani opens a new boutique in the Dubai MallWed, Jul 12, 2017
Omega unveils Bond inspired timepieceTue, Jul 11, 2017
Récital 20 Astérium takes one to the edges of the universeMon, Jul 10, 2017
Samer Halimeh to launch summer boutiques on superyachtsWed, Jul 5, 2017