Eleven stunning watches emerged as winners the Middle East Watch of the Year Awards hosted in Dubai, UAE.
The event was held for the first time this year in Dubai, on November 27, at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), alongside the inaugural Salon des Grandes Complications exhibition.
It was attended by over 300 of the region’s most prominent watch collectors, brand representatives and retailers, and well-known social figures.
Horological brands were recognised for their contribution to the industry and performance across 11 different categories. • Awarded brands and respective categories were:
• Best Multi-Time Zone Watch – Jaeger-LeCoultre, Duomètre Unique Travel Time.
• Best Tourbillon Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Classical Watch – Bovet Fleurier, Récital 12 “Monsieur Dimier”.
• Best High-End Jewelled Watch – Graff, MasterGraff Tourbillon 45-mm fully set with diamonds.
• Best Technical Innovation Watch – Greubel Forsey, QP à Equation.
• Best Sports Watch – Roger Dubuis, Pulsion Skeleton Flying Tourbillon.
• Best Men’s Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Ladies Watch – Van Cleef & Arpels, Pont des Amoureux Poetic Complication.
• Best Chronograph Watch – De Bethune, DB28 Maxichrono.
• Best Design Watch – Arnold & Son, Time Pyramid.
• Best Independent Watch Brand – MB&F.
Winners were judged by a panel of 12 experts including Frederic Watrelot, head of Christie’s Watch departments in Hong Kong and Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdullah Al Khalifa of Bahrain, UAE businessman Mishal Kanoo and American watch journalist Roberta Naas, amongst several other connoisseurs and collectors.
Results were independently adjudicated by international law firm Morgan Lewis.
“I would like to extend sincere congratulations to all of the winners of “Watch of the Year” awards. The event has established itself as an industry benchmark in the region and we are proud to be holding our tenth edition in Dubai,” said Award organiser Nader Freiha, Director of MPP Middle East and Publisher of Arabian Watches & Jewellery magazine.
An annual event since 2005, “Watch of the Year” aims to establish industry standards and raise awareness of watch culture and horological craftsmanship across the Middle East.
This year’s gala was sponsored by Audi Corporate and supported by Bang & Olufsen.
Aishwarya appears for Longines in DubaiWed, Jan 17, 2018
Omega countdown to Winter Youth OlympicsMon, Jan 15, 2018
Lange offers sevenMon, Jan 15, 2018
Celebrate love with RadoTue, Jan 9, 2018
New Breitling lands in Middle EastWed, Dec 20, 2017
Luxury market dazzles againMon, Dec 4, 2017
Breitling brings Super Avenger Boutique EditionThu, Nov 23, 2017
Boutique Boucheron to reveal exquisite jewelleryMon, Nov 20, 2017
Montblanc Summit scales new heightsMon, Nov 20, 2017
Exclusive collections at Jewellery ArabiaMon, Nov 13, 2017
Auction of rare jewellery set in MilanThu, Nov 9, 2017
Omega signals next chapter with new factoryWed, Nov 8, 2017
Chopard marks Dubai rally with Time of the DesertWed, Nov 8, 2017
New stylish gifts from RadoMon, Nov 6, 2017
Panerai's special for Year of the DogWed, Nov 1, 2017