Eleven stunning watches emerged as winners the Middle East Watch of the Year Awards hosted in Dubai, UAE.
The event was held for the first time this year in Dubai, on November 27, at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), alongside the inaugural Salon des Grandes Complications exhibition.
It was attended by over 300 of the region’s most prominent watch collectors, brand representatives and retailers, and well-known social figures.
Horological brands were recognised for their contribution to the industry and performance across 11 different categories. • Awarded brands and respective categories were:
• Best Multi-Time Zone Watch – Jaeger-LeCoultre, Duomètre Unique Travel Time.
• Best Tourbillon Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Classical Watch – Bovet Fleurier, Récital 12 “Monsieur Dimier”.
• Best High-End Jewelled Watch – Graff, MasterGraff Tourbillon 45-mm fully set with diamonds.
• Best Technical Innovation Watch – Greubel Forsey, QP à Equation.
• Best Sports Watch – Roger Dubuis, Pulsion Skeleton Flying Tourbillon.
• Best Men’s Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Ladies Watch – Van Cleef & Arpels, Pont des Amoureux Poetic Complication.
• Best Chronograph Watch – De Bethune, DB28 Maxichrono.
• Best Design Watch – Arnold & Son, Time Pyramid.
• Best Independent Watch Brand – MB&F.
Winners were judged by a panel of 12 experts including Frederic Watrelot, head of Christie’s Watch departments in Hong Kong and Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdullah Al Khalifa of Bahrain, UAE businessman Mishal Kanoo and American watch journalist Roberta Naas, amongst several other connoisseurs and collectors.
Results were independently adjudicated by international law firm Morgan Lewis.
“I would like to extend sincere congratulations to all of the winners of “Watch of the Year” awards. The event has established itself as an industry benchmark in the region and we are proud to be holding our tenth edition in Dubai,” said Award organiser Nader Freiha, Director of MPP Middle East and Publisher of Arabian Watches & Jewellery magazine.
An annual event since 2005, “Watch of the Year” aims to establish industry standards and raise awareness of watch culture and horological craftsmanship across the Middle East.
This year’s gala was sponsored by Audi Corporate and supported by Bang & Olufsen.
Exceptional pearls on show in BahrainTue, Mar 19, 2019
Treasure of Rubies from Van Cleef & ArpelsMon, Mar 18, 2019
Audemars Piguet brings new collection to DubaiWed, Mar 13, 2019
Breitling tribute to Bentley centenaryTue, Mar 12, 2019
Panerai Dives DeeperWinter 2019
Tonda Metropolitaine Sélène Range GrowsWinter 2019
Milestones for OmegaWinter 2019
Ode to a Golden EraWinter 2019
Lange Marks Key AnniversariesWinter 2019
Jaquet Droz Honours Art of FalconryWinter 2019
Grande Taille is Extra-specialWinter 2019
Elegant TimekeepingWinter 2019
Breitling’s Tribute to AviationWinter 2019
Omega brings back iconic Calibre 321Tue, Jan 29, 2019
Tiffany leads diamond transparencySun, Jan 13, 2019