Eleven stunning watches emerged as winners the Middle East Watch of the Year Awards hosted in Dubai, UAE.
The event was held for the first time this year in Dubai, on November 27, at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), alongside the inaugural Salon des Grandes Complications exhibition.
It was attended by over 300 of the region’s most prominent watch collectors, brand representatives and retailers, and well-known social figures.
Horological brands were recognised for their contribution to the industry and performance across 11 different categories. • Awarded brands and respective categories were:
• Best Multi-Time Zone Watch – Jaeger-LeCoultre, Duomètre Unique Travel Time.
• Best Tourbillon Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Classical Watch – Bovet Fleurier, Récital 12 “Monsieur Dimier”.
• Best High-End Jewelled Watch – Graff, MasterGraff Tourbillon 45-mm fully set with diamonds.
• Best Technical Innovation Watch – Greubel Forsey, QP à Equation.
• Best Sports Watch – Roger Dubuis, Pulsion Skeleton Flying Tourbillon.
• Best Men’s Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch.
• Best Ladies Watch – Van Cleef & Arpels, Pont des Amoureux Poetic Complication.
• Best Chronograph Watch – De Bethune, DB28 Maxichrono.
• Best Design Watch – Arnold & Son, Time Pyramid.
• Best Independent Watch Brand – MB&F.
Winners were judged by a panel of 12 experts including Frederic Watrelot, head of Christie’s Watch departments in Hong Kong and Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdullah Al Khalifa of Bahrain, UAE businessman Mishal Kanoo and American watch journalist Roberta Naas, amongst several other connoisseurs and collectors.
Results were independently adjudicated by international law firm Morgan Lewis.
“I would like to extend sincere congratulations to all of the winners of “Watch of the Year” awards. The event has established itself as an industry benchmark in the region and we are proud to be holding our tenth edition in Dubai,” said Award organiser Nader Freiha, Director of MPP Middle East and Publisher of Arabian Watches & Jewellery magazine.
An annual event since 2005, “Watch of the Year” aims to establish industry standards and raise awareness of watch culture and horological craftsmanship across the Middle East.
This year’s gala was sponsored by Audi Corporate and supported by Bang & Olufsen.
Omega unveils Volvo Ocean Race winner’s watchThu, May 24, 2018
Ideal TAG Heuer gifts for EidMon, May 21, 2018
Bovet’s Grand RécitalSpring/Summer 2018
Breitling Off to ‘Legendary Future’Spring/Summer 2018
Speedmaster Dark Side of the MoonSpring/Summer 2018
Tribute to MothersSpring/Summer 2018
Omega Extends RangeSpring/Summer 2018
Bovet’s Grand RecitalMon, May 7, 2018
Il Ponte auction to feature rare jewelleryThu, May 3, 2018
Omega offers new Speedmaster CK 2998 Limited EditionThu, Apr 26, 2018
Omega offers new collection for ladiesWed, Apr 18, 2018
Haute horology show wows RiyadhTue, Apr 17, 2018
Rare Kashmir sapphire on saleTue, Apr 17, 2018
Masterpieces at Cartier expoThu, Mar 29, 2018
King Farouk's watch creates recordSun, Mar 25, 2018